Wedding Favors & Gifts
Wedding favors are another way of saying "thank you" to your guests because they have joined on your special day. We recommend looking for favors and gifts (such as for bridesmaids, bride’s and groom's parents) about three months before the wedding, especially if you want to personalize your favors or gifts.
What are wedding favors?
Wedding favors are an easy way to please your wedding guests for attending your special day. Finding perfect wedding favors can sometimes be a challenge. On the one hand, you want to show your guests how much you wanted them to be part of your nuptials. On the other hand, you do not want to break the bank with less than memorable wedding favors.
Do not worry! We are here to help you find wedding favors and gifts for your budget and style. If you need a great inspiration, check out our wedding ideas.
What types of wedding favors are there?
Wedding favors are available in all shapes, sizes and prices. Here are just a few options of wedding favors to consider.
- Edible: If you have any doubts about what to do as favors, offer your guests something edible or drinking. Some of them are chocolate, a food bar with containers or customized bags, homemade honey or jam and customized wine/beer bottles.
- Charitable: If you and your fiancé(e) are trying to give back your big day, go with charity favors. With these, you can make a donation to one or more favorite charity work on behalf of your guests.
- Trinkets: Personalized trinkets are a great way to thank you without going over your budget. There are many options from a bottle opener to custom glasses and mini mason jars. A current trend for wedding favors is to drink koozies.
- Send-offs: Personalized favors shipped is a major change in the modern idea of sending off the wedding couple. The common types of wedding favors include bubbles, confetti poppers, and sparklers. Just attach a custom label or print the name directly to the front! It is also common to offer something extra to guests outside the city. We suggest welcome baskets full of drinks and snacks waiting for them in the hotel!
Who gets a wedding gift?
Wedding gifts are a bit different from the favors offered to other guests. These tend to be reserved for close family members (parents) and for wedding party members, as well as a little more expensive.
Some great ideas for bridesmaids include:
- Hats, bags or monogrammed clutches.
- Engraved Jewelry
- Wear clothes when you prepare for the big day
- Engraved watches
- Custom glassware
- Preferred liqueur / glass of liquor